Wednesday, September 14, 2005

More Cray

This has been a crazy week. By Saturday night we will have spent 4 of the last 7 days in Tokyo. For at least one of those trips we biked to the station (about 25 minutes each way), and for the other trips we have driven. Perhaps the biggest trip to Tokyo was yesterday, where I conducted my first research interview (regarding whaling) and we attended a welcome dinner for the 2005-06 Fulbright Scholars. Also attending the dinner was Ambassador Schieffer, who I was able to meet.

Other big news is that tomorrow we will have cable TV, although our internet and home phone will still take a little while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys are doing well. Sounds like fun, trying to pick up your life and move it across an ocean. Except now I feel like a loser because apparently I'm the only person I know who doesn't have a blog.

MHS said...

Zak Gluck doesn't have a blog, either.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure? Maybe that's what he does at day care all day. Although he has learned which part of his body is his tongue, even though he gets it confused with tummy (they sound alike).