Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Japanese TV

One of the best things about visiting Japan is Japanese TV. Here are two examples:

1. Last night after our nightly viewing of the English news (from 5:50-6:15), Kate and I happened to catch a human interest-type real life story called "Monkey Wars: Episode 4" This story was all about how monkeys have been a big problem in Nagano prefecture, but how some dogs, including an 8 month old black lab named Joe, have been successful in chasing them away. But the best part of the story was that they used Star Wars music; they played the Imperial March for the monkeys, and the good guy music for the dogs.

2. Please view this actual ad for the Japanese Marine Self Defense Force.

3 comments:

Eric said...

that gets funnier every time I watch it...love the music...

Anonymous said...

Sign me up; I love the choreography. Do we learn that in basic training, or is that in an advanced class?

Henry "Hank" Ford

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that actually runs on Japanese televsion.