I'm still here - life just got busy. And I keep resolving to come back and write some, but then I'm overwhelmed by all the pictures and stories to sort through and share. I sort of considered just declaring blog bankruptcy and starting from right now and moving forward.
But, well, my kids are too adorable for that.
And, let's be honest, I take too many pictures just to let that happen. So, time machine time....
First, South Texas. I had a work conference there, and was lucky enough to meet up with a dear family friend. Corpus Christi in April was warm - it was just approaching a temperature / humidity level where walking between the conference hotel and the convention center would have been ill-advised. But I did it anyway. Because I live on the edge like that.
Corpus gets a "recommend" in my book - lovely waterfront for running, amazing art museum (I saw an Ansel Adams exhibit on my last day in town), great aquarium, friendly people, and slow pace of life - it reminded me of how San Diego might have been before my time.
And then it was bluebonnet time! Hooray!
Here's a look back, briefly (since time machine is the theme here):
Aaaand, here's this year:
Bonus with Grandma Pat:
And then it was Passover. We were ready, because we'd been practicing at home:
Detail of the seder plate and penguin guest:
We did the real deal in Michigan a few days late:
While in Michigan, we also did some ice skating. This time, Natalie's performance was, um, more typical of a four year-old. A relief, since I no longer need to feel that I'm wasting her talent by not becoming an ice (stage?) mom.
Natalie and Jacob also got some good hangout time with their cousins:
Okay, that's a good amount of catch-up for tonight. Hopefully, I'm back in the groove now!
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment