Thursday, February 13, 2014

January Joys

This is the January wrap-up post since, well, it's already half-February (my new name for Valentine's Day - catchy, no?).

So, it's been both cold and super-nice here. But, either way, the days call for hot chocolate and the evenings call for bunny slippers:



In keeping-warm news, I knit some socks. 


I started out really ready to love these, but then the compulsive part of me (all of me?) became increasingly irritated that they were knitting up in a very different color pattern - one spiraled while the other pooled. The colors are nice, though. In fact, the colorway is named after our own first lady. Anyway, the socks have gone to their new home in Wyoming, and I have enough yarn left over to try my hand (and all the yarn color management tricks I've now learned) on a pair of toddler socks. 

Also, here's a regular cold day in Texas. Note the long sleeves and lack of snow. Eat your hearts out, everywhere else.


General living room sillies:





We also had a January visit from Bubbe and Grrr. Again, too busy having fun and eating well to take pictures, but we have these two from a great weekend:




Big Girl paints, Big Boy assists:



Bounce House birthday party, bath-time cutie, sick day snuggles, and strawberry cream cheese rapture:



I'm not sure what he's eating, but I think I swiftly removed it (after I paused for the picture, of course).

Here's Natalie, taking the friends for a walk:


In closing, here's a little Valentine for you:


Be well, stay warm, love one another!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. You guys are such a wonderful family. Jacob and Natalie are very lucky to grow up in such a loving home!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love Bubbe