Thursday, May 30, 2013

May Showers

We've had a cooler, wetter, and stormier spring than usual. We've had a few tornado scares, but nothing as bad as the folks around us. In other news, I may finally be getting the difference between a "watch" and a "warning". Talk about knowledge I never thought I'd need . . . .

Since it's been cooler, we've been able to keep hiking a bit out at the nature reserve. It has its own quiet kind of beauty. And, hey, just to confound expectations, I'd like to point out that the nature reserve is part of the city park system. In Texas.







In the picture above, Natalie is wearing her fleece scarf. It was 80 degrees (and fairly humid). She insisted on keeping the scarf "for a little pretty." Girl has fashion sense, no?

Here's some more Natalie Style (the preschool director calls her Punky Brewster):



Also, there's this other picture of her - which is hardly amazing for its focus or composition. But, somehow, I see in it a shadow of the bigger person she'll become. I don't know if it's her hair., or that it's shot in profile, or that I caught her mid-step, but, to me, there's something time-warp-y about this shot.


Also, in the spirit of outdoor pursuits and time-lapse photography, here are some shots of my garden about a month ago and now.



Crazy, no? We have yet to harvest anything yet - although we've picked some mint and some basil. 

Here are a few Jacob pictures, just to even the count:



Next post: Mother's Day and beyond. (I'm playing catch-up again, of course!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the post as usual...I must have looked at it 5 times already. Natalie is such a creative girl! The places she'll go. And that Jacob..what an adorable guy..he looks so mellow too. We are so looking forward to spending time with you and hope that you and Michael will take an opportunity to have some date time together.

Much love, Bubbe