Monday, February 04, 2013

Jacob, Week Three

Well, it looks like I'm managing a post a week (and they are all so creatively titled, too!). Meh, anyway, here's some of what you really come here for:

On Sunday, I took Natalie out for bagels. A little mommy-daughter date!
A success, I'd say!

We also celebrated Grandma Pat's belated birthday last week. I made a new chocolate cake recipe, the Wellesley Fudge Cake. The cake was awesome - deeply chocolatey and very moist. The icing, while delicious, wasn't my favorite; I think I would have preferred something more in the family of dark chocolate and less in the family of fudge. My official cake-sampler reported no irregularities, however.

I keep plowing away (or at least dribbling away) on Jacob's baby blanket. Needless to say, the arrival of the baby beat the completion of the blanket. But I can multi-task!

On the Jacob front, he remains as snuggly and cuddly as ever (see above. And below).



Jacob also took his first walk outside. He seems like being outside, although he remains deeply skeptical about any breath of wind whatsoever.

On Saturday, Mike and Natalie headed to school to see the women's basketball team take on UT. According to Mike, there were far more UT fans in attendance. However, Mike and Natalie were clearly rooting for the home team!

 In closing, here's one of my favorite recent Jacob pictures:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful children you have! Loved the pictures! And happy belated birthday to Grandma Pat. Can't wait to see everyone soon and meet little Jacob..he is just precious!

hugs, bubbe

Angela R. said...

The picture of little Jacob resting on his hand is precious!

katem said...

Awww, thanks!