Monday, October 29, 2012

Party like a Kitty

We had Natalie's belated third birthday party two weeks after we returned from San Diego. And about four days after her ear surgery. It was all a bit crazy, but it worked out. And we luckily had really good (if a little windy) weather - an especially good thing since I really didn't have a rain plan.

I'd been planning the kitty theme for a while, collecting various kitty crafts and kitty games that the kids could do. In the end, I'd way over-planned, and my game of painting cat whiskers on faces and then having the kids hunt for mice (cat toys! so brilliant, right?) didn't happen. The kids were just too happy playing on the play structure.




My major craftiness went towards making kitty ears for all the guests. This wasn't as quick as I had thought it would be, but I was really pleased with the final products. I filled the party bags with kitty-themed items: paw print stickers, a little plastic toy cat, a rubber duck/cat, and some goldfish crackers.




Here are a few shots of the birthday-ish girl:

(The lower-right picture is Natalie's old babysitter. We miss her very much, but she's now graduated and gone on to bigger and better things!)

Here are a few other party guests:


We had pizza and store-bought cake. Nothing fancy, just fun. And, if I do say so myself, it was fun! The cake was a big hit!


Thanks so much to all our local friends who made the day so special. To our far-flung family friends: we wish you all could have been there! Hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun kitty cat party for Miss Natalie! Loved the kitty cat ears ..and especially liked seeing Natalie in them! Wish we could have been there...sending love to all..

Bubbe and Grrr