Clearly, I've fallen a little behind here in posting things. It's not that we've been busy doing exciting and amazing things (of course, well, yes, that's always - but nothing exciting and amazing beyond the ordinary level of exciting and amazing, if that makes any sense).
So this is like a long catch-up post with a photo dump. I do promise some super-cute videos in a forthcoming post, though.
First, just to remind you where we left off, Bubbe and Gramps were here:
And then Mike's old roommate and his spouse came for a lovely weekend. We took them to the Japanese Garden - it was just on the edge of too hot for such an activity, but it really was very beautiful.
And then Natalie and Mike went to Michigan for a visit.
We still have time for stories!
And pancakes. And pizza. Always time for pizza.
There's also a new park that opened about a mile from our house. You can actually walk there! And there are sidewalks nearly the whole route! And it has a sun canopy over the play equipment. A really good, close park is a thing of beauty.
(she's checking out a bug in that last picture.)
Parent-child swim class at the Y was full about 27 seconds after registration opened, so, well, we resolve to act more quickly next time. In the meantime, we've been trying to have family swim time on Sunday afternoons.
Although it's 97 degrees, I'm still knitting.
(And, yes, it was really, really hot wearing that wool coat in May - but, hey, doesn't my cowl look amazing?)
Continuing the trend of dressing up in May, here we are dressed up for a wedding. It was a very sweet wedding of one of Mike's former students, and we were honored to have been invited.
Natalie wasn't invited, but she gave my shoes her approval.
The warm weather has been awesome for the garden. Although, alas, now we're just reaching the point where warm becomes hot (and green becomes brown). Spring sure was nice while it lasted!
Spring brings storms. I'd just like to reiterate that I am from Southern California. I don't do weather.
But life hasn't been a total bowl of blackberries. Our long-term sitter, Alexi, graduated and left. Sad!
And we've had a few sick days, too.
But frozen yogurt cures what ails the soul.
Hope you're staying cool so far! Natalie recommends the shady play structure!
Monday, June 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful posting as usual! Your cowl is beautiful Kate and I love that color on you! Natalie is so enchanting..she makes me smile and smile and smile!
Love to all,
Bubbe
Post a Comment