Monday, February 20, 2012

Love to all!

We didn't mail Valentines this year, but here are the pictures I would have put on a card, had I had done a card-making project.
So, well, enjoy! Love to you!

We kept it pretty mellow this year. I was actually out of town the weekend before (more on that later), but I came home to some lovely flowers. On the actual day, Mike made us some delicious pizza. We also had a nice dinner at home this Saturday, after the small one had gone to sleep. Mike made curry and home-made naan (this is totally one of those things I didn't think was possible to make at home, but it is! And it's really, really good!) and I made a Texas sheet cake from my new favorite desserts-just-for-two website (so then I guess it's more like a washcloth cake? Or a pillowcase cake? Ha, ha).


Other food things? We also had crêpes one night. This was Natalie's first time trying them - I think we can agree that they were a hit!


On that note, big girl has started to get a lot more specific about her food descriptions. She'll still sometimes say that something is "not yummy", but she's also happy to let you know that something is "spicy a lot" (said about Thai food), "too juicy" (said about a runny poached egg), or "too crunchy" (said about yogurt?). She's also let us know that the Jewish holiday of Tu Bishvat (the New Year of the Trees) is "kind of crunchy" - indeed, it sort of is!

Also, here's a funny story from some months ago. Back in the fall, her class at school was studying Noah's Ark. My mom asked her what was on Noah's Ark. And she told my mom, "animal crackers."
Indeed. The medium is the message, etc.

Here are a few other Natalie pictures:


Keep reading! (And I promise a post soon about my weekend away!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this counts as a - wonderful - Valentines Day card!

Love, Grrr