Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving sort of got lost in the shuffle here. Well, not Thanksgiving itself, just writing about it - we had a lovely and relaxing time in Michigan. But we returned home on a Monday, with the week in full swing, and with all of us not quite 100%. And the events, meetings, and work just piled on. 'Tis the season, no?

Well, yes. But today I'm stepping back in time to post about Thanksgiving.

We actually flew up to Michigan on Thanksgiving Day. Although we missed watching the Macy's parade on TV, the airport was fairly uncrowded and people were generally pretty friendly (I can't, alas, say the same for our return on Monday).

Basically, we were totally those people who drop in just in time for dinner.
(Also, I know the photo sizes are mis-matched here, but I'm too tired to fix it, so, well, uh, enjoy my deep artistic sense of perspective and proportion.)


And what a feast it was!

(This is only half the table! And it was all delicious!)

There was a separate table for the kiddos:
But the familiar carried the day:
We capped off the evening with a celebration of Daddy's birthday:
(Natalie's comment: "Daddy, I want cake.")

The rest of the trip included lots of time in the park!






Not pictured: a lovely afternoon at the yarn store, catching up with old friends, a birthday cake, and a wonderful Chanukah party.

Natalie sez: Stay tuned! (I'm just starting on my catching up. The way I figure it, I have 10 days to cover the last three weeks. So . . . yeah.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love reliving your Thanksgiving visit! It was such a wonderful few days! Thank you for giving for recording this so Grrr and I can relive the memories...such fun! What a cutie is that little pooch of yours! Big hugs from bubbe