First, I promised a post about our good friends from Seattle who came to visit two weeks ago. I can barely handle hauling the three of us and all our stuff to see our families, I can't really imagine taking a trip just to visit friends, as much as I want to. I'm just daunted (and that's only the part where we have to leave the house, not the part where we actually arrive anywhere else). I'm so, so, so touched that they made the effort - and with two children. Give these people a gold star!
In keeping our expectations low and keeping kids happy, we were able to have a wonderful weekend together. Some of us hit the craft fair while others of us did a playground, followed by nap and a walk around the 'hood. On Sunday, some of us went running on the trail (actually quite lovely and pretty, now that fall has arrived. Or are the trees just finally dying from the drought? Either way: colors!), we then had a late breakfast, strolled around TCU, had some ice cream, and sent our friends off to the airport. So nice to see them, so sad to see them go.
In other news, the baby is still a favored toy.
I'm sort of considering getting her a doll bed for the holidays. I think it would be a nice alternative to finding the doll bedded down on the step-stool, tucked in with washcloths.
On Saturday we went to a football game. TCU was playing Colorado State. Not, perhaps, the match of the century - although the first quarter was quite competitive. Someone in Mike's department was giving away some tickets, and we gladly took them. It turned out to be a perfect day for sitting outside - overcast, cool, and threatening rain (but never actually raining). We got to the stadium fairly early because Mike really wanted to be a "bleacher creature" with Natalie. This meant they got to go down and run across the field just before kick off (I was, somehow, able to give this a miss). We stayed through the halftime show - twice as long as Mike had thought we'd make it.
(the bleacher creatures are gathered just on the other side of the end zone in this picture)
Here's a close-up of our bleacher creature (although she only consented to put the jersey on that evening, not for the actual run).
And, in the purple theme, check out my latest finished object:
Also, this week was Natalie's big Thanksgiving program at school. This is, like, the big assembly of the year. And it was adorable. We have a video of her class singing their turkey song, but, you know, since it contains other people's children, we'll just show it to you in person, if you're interested. Here are some Nani-only photos, though.
(I think the downward-dog move on the right there is actually "gobble, gobble turkey, falling down", but I'm no expert . . . .)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So so wonderful getting to spend time with you guys - have a great Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment