No matter! It was still great to get out and see Oma. While daddy headed to San Antonio for a conference, Natalie and I headed for the airport.
(I love the picture above, with the light shining down on her.)
Our flight wasn't too bad - as I mentioned to some friends, I don't think we made any friends, but we didn't make any enemies, either. You know, when you're flying alone with a two year-old, that's, like, a pretty serious win.
Natalie got right down to business playing with Oma and Puhppa in the "yiving woom".
(Regarding the picture on the right: Yes, that is a mid-tip picture. No, given the rugs, carpet, and low height of the chair, she wasn't at all harmed.)
We did spend a fair amount of time at the beach, and at the park just adjacent to the beach.
In between all this, we saw a few old friends (for a time so good that we totally forgot to take pictures!) and did our best to relax and spend time with our San Francisco family and Los Angeles family who'd come down to see us! We're popular - and we appreciate the effort everyone made to come and see us!
As a side note, I know that San Diego is two hours earlier than Texas. What this means in practice is that an early 6am wake-up in Texas becomes oh-so-early at 4am in California. 4am is just so . . . dark. As I'm ever so unpleasantly reminded every time we travel west, knowing this and having to experience it are really, really different things. Big props to Puhppa who was a super help on these early mornings!
Natalie LOVED her cousin Emilia, but Natalie's heart still belongs to kih-kah.
(Natalie loved to take that toy phone that she's sitting with in the photo above, place it on the kih-kah's belly and then declare "Kih-kah call Aunty Jenji" and laugh uproariously.)
And here's the picture you've all been waiting for (photo credit to the prize-winning cousin Emilia!):
3 comments:
When 'Kih-kah call Aunty Jenji', Kih-kah should tell Jenji about this delightful post and especially the final picture of 4 beautiful generations.
Thanks, as always, for posting!!
Grrr
What a fun trip for Natalie!!!! She looks right at home in Oma's yiving woom. Kih-kah can call me any time. I accept calls from doggies as well.
I love to see Natalie surrounded by love of family who adores her...she is such a bright light..love that she loves Kih-kah's... a girl after her Bubbe's hear...maybe Aunt Jenji will do her best meow for her...
thank you for your wonderful posts Kate!
Love,
Bubbe
Post a Comment