Sunday, August 07, 2011

The rest of Detroit

We were in Detroit for a few days before and after our grand European adventure. Aunt Jenny (or, as Natalie says, "Jenji") was also there.

We spent lots of time playing - in the backyard, at parks, and inside with all of Bubbe and Grrr's great toys. Of course, outside play was generally Natalie's favorite - poor girl can't get enough time running around outside, and it's much too hot here to let her do that to her heart's content.


Nothing says summer like a hammock, no? 



Soccer city! Not that I think these things are genetic, but, well, alert the college scouts! Although, we may need to refine our understanding of "the rules of the game".



Summer is also, apparently, for the (My Little) Ponies.


Natalie still loves swings!


But the best part of this park? The rocks!




Everybody loved the park!

 

We left for Europe the next day, but here are a few of my favorite photos taken by Bubbe and Grrr of all the fun Natalie had while we were gone. I know some of these appeared in their post, but, well, I couldn't resist!




She had an awesome week, no? When we came back, we were SO HAPPY to see our girl!


And our girl was happy to see us (and our iphones)!


Training the animals:


Washing up:



 New York ladies are so stylish:



We also spent the last few days in Detroit celebrating cousin Zak's wedding. Or, as Mike prefers to call it, Mike's time as captain of the chuppah(-carrying) team.




That was it! Then we chugged / rolled on back to Texas.



p.s. [for the tech folks out there] I upgraded to the new version of blogger. I sort of like it, but I'm also irritated that that the wysiwyg editor seems to have vanished - my photo layout never looks like it does in the actual browser preview. So I then spend a lot of time tweaking the code, for a sort of so-so result. Thoughts?

p.p.s. I've also thought about migrating the whole blog over to wordpress, but I feel trapped with blogger because of our wonky subscriber situation. Right now, a few folks read through RSS, but the majority of our 7 or so readers get the posts via an email bounce from Mike's gmail. I'm not sure that such a set-up would be possible with wordpress. What I need is a way to subscribe people to full-text emails of each new post (without the recipients doing anything at all to subscribe themselves). Hello, spam!? Thoughts? I really would like to think about wordpress....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed reliving the fun time we had with Nani and you guys! It brought it all back and made me very happy! Thanks Kate for the time and energy you put into this...it is a joy! I have always heard that wordpress is the best way to blog..some say it is a little tricky but you seem good with tricky!
Love,
bubbe

katem said...

Yes, but I worry that if I move to wordpress, we may lose the ability to email each new post. I know people could (and should!) subscribed to an RSS reader, but most don't / won't.

Aunt Jenny said...

I had the best time with Natalie! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Kate, I can understand your hesitation about wordpress...I really like getting the RSS...your blog is lovely the way it is!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! I get a smile whenever I look at it (I confess viewing it more than once...)


Grrr