Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pandering

We've had a busy few weeks here - first Mike went away by himself for a weekend, and then - the very next weekend - I went away by myself. Well, we weren't actually alone when we went away, and I know, at least in my case, that there'll be a blog post coming about my weekend.

But, in the meantime, I absolutely understand the new function of this blog. And I have no problem pandering with some Natalie photos.

So, without further ado:A big recent development for us is that Natalie has gone from two naps per day to one. Two weeks ago, she started, as Mike puts it, "filibustering her afternoon nap". And then she'd be sooo grouchy come bed time. And then she'd wake up sooo early. And then the whole cycle would start again. Seizing the bull by the (perhaps delayed) horns, we started pushing the morning nap back a few minutes every day. Now, she takes one nap, starting at around 12:30 or so. Most days, this works pretty well. But we still have occasional nap-related struggles.New skills include the words apricot, sunscreen, cheek - well, really, she'll repeat anything these days! Yes, I know we'd better watch out.

She's also got the conversation thing down, in true two year-old style:

Me: Natalie, should we go change your pants?
Natalie: Uh-uh. No.Natalie: [fake coughing]
Me: Are you fake coughing, big girl?
Natalie: Yeah.
Me, while driving: Kitty cat, are you sleeping back there?
Natalie, brightly: Yeah!
It's been eleventy billion degrees here, so while we've mostly been playing inside, we've also had some good times at the water table in our backyard and in the sprinklers at the house of a good friend here in town.We've been cooking lots lately, but have been lazy about taking pictures. Here's a German Pancake made by Mike - he's been working on several variations of this recipe lately. They've all been delicious!I was out of town for Father's Day, although some of our friends here did have a lovely party that Mike and Natalie attended. Here is some evidence for the best-dad-ever category.
Until next time, friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots of our little Noni! We had fun admiring her from afar. Can not believe what a big girl she is! Where is Fluffy?

Love,
bubbe and gramps