This week we were very lucky to have our good friends Brian and Claire visiting us. The last time we all saw each other, we were in Seattle - I was pregnant with Natalie, and their baby, Tali, wasn't yet on the scene. Now we're all homeowners and parents. Weird.
This was our first time meeting Tali. She's a love!




And the girls even sort of "played" together.




Natalie gave Tali gentle touches. And shared her Cheerios with Tali.


Here's Natalie setting a variety of (good/bad) examples.


It was lovely to see our old friends - so comfortable and easy, like a pair of old jeans. Given the two girls and it being a workweek for Mike, we didn't actually tour them around Fort Worth. At all. Claire and Tali came to music class, and Brian went to one of Mike's classes. And (best of all!), the mamas got an afternoon off to have lunch and pedicure. Friends and pampering? A girl could used to this!

The rest of the week? Natalie and I went to Costco.

(I know, shameful consumption. But Natalie's present backyard activities consist of throwing rocks and climbing the [super-dangerous] stairs, so we're hoping that the sand and water table will lead to more constructive backyard play.)
I made hamantaschen.

Mike and I went to the symphony.

I took Natalie to Petsmart to look at the kih-kahs and dawwwgies.

Also, I took a little temper tantrum photo series. Behold the disintegration of the tantrum (may we always be so lucky!).




(Look, it's like you were here, you know, minus the noise.)
After all these guests and all this activity, we're ready for a break! So, um, to relax, we're taking a 20 month-old on an 8-hour non-stop daytime flight. Ha, ha, ha. Nope - no kidding. Mike has a conference in Hawaii, and we leave soon. What do you call the conference + vacation combo? Vacafrence? Concation? A total delusion? On that note, what was I thinking? I know what I was thinking six months ago: Hawaii! Now I'm approaching this whole thing with a mixture of excitement and trepidation.
Anyway, in preparation for our trip, we bought Natalie some sandals.

Peace out, friends.
3 comments:
I'm curious to see how the trip to Hawaii goes with the little one. I'm making a trip to Croatia later this year, with the baby. My husband has already repeatedly noted that the flight is going to "suck." Sigh.
We'll see - Mike keeps telling me it will be okay. I'm pretty firmly resolved to it sucking. At least we won't have to see any of those people again, right?
I love the blog post ... it was such fun to see Natalie with tali..two baby friends! I am thinking and hoping that you will enjoy Hawaii!!! Well...most of it...
Love to you!
bubbe
Post a Comment