Monday, January 10, 2011

San Diego, part III

Okay, so what else did we do in San Diego?

We played with Oma.My mom bought Natalie this super-cute holiday dress. She didn't wear it for the actual holiday, but we put her into it a few days later when we went to visit some of my childhood neighbors.We also went to the beach.In fact, my brother and his lovely girlfriend even played football on the beach. Notice those lumps of seaweed there behind my brother?(this is called foreshadowing) The picture above was taken about two minutes before Eric majorly ate it, tripping over a giant pile of seaweed while running for a catch. One minute he was all suavely running, and the next he was flat-out on the beach, covered in sand. But he was ultimately fine.

Oma also showed Natalie how to make a wish on a dandelion.We also went to park and played on the swings:Natalie also checked out all the books at Oma's house.
Here's a picture of my love:This is my family (whom I also love very much):I love the picture above. To me, it's the picture of 2010. I especially like it because it reminds me how far we've all come. Of course, Natalie is bigger. But last Christmas, things were also a little grim: my aunt was ill and didn't travel down to San Diego, I'd broken my arm a few weeks earlier, and Mike was in Japan. As a family, we'd battened down the hatches and were getting by. This year: much, much better. On all fronts. Here's a 2009 / 2010 contrast shot:While we're on the subject of family, here's a four-generations picture (shared even though I look horrible, thanks to my weird, white-ish sunscreen. Dear readers, I do this for you! For you!)And then we packed up and came home. Whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! San Diego III tops them all. When I see Natalie in the "thumb-sucking" holiday dress picture, I am reminded that she will always gets what she wants from me...

Gramps

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a great trip, Kate! I love seeing these pics:). Looking forward to seeing Mike and Natalie in a few weeks but we will miss you!

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

This such a heartwarming post...loved seeing your family together and triumphant! And the love is so palpable!!

Love you guys!

bubbe