Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cleveland

Apparently, my strategy is to stretch a one-week trip into three blog posts spread over three weeks. I bet you are on the edge of your seats! (Also: the thank you notes are still forthcoming....)

Back to our grand journey. After we left Buffalo, we headed to Cleveland to see our good friends Erin and Horst. We knew them back in Seattle, but hadn't seen them since 2005. It was so, so nice to see them again! In fact, it was so nice that, in my excitement, I may have bitten off more than I can chew by agreeing to join them in June of 2011 for a 24-hour relay from Logan to Park City, Utah. Crazy has no limits, right?

Anyway, they live in a lovely, tree-intense neighborhood in a beautiful old house. The house is great (and I'm not just saying that because we had our own floor) - it's totally the opposite of the palm tree and stucco houses that are the homes of my California youth. This house was old and storied, and I totally could have imagined secret passages and the like. I only took one picture of their house - a picture that isn't terribly illustrative, but perhaps it will help you imagine what I mean.So that about clears that up, right?

They also have a very sweet son, Xander. At first, the babies played independently:But then we got them to at least sit together!And the very next morning, we left for Detroit . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures...how cute those babies are! I enjoyed your description of the house too...the plant and window picture had an air of mystery...you you imagine a hidden passageway in that room...just lovely and so nice to see old friends and share your beautiful babies!

love to you!
Bubbe