Monday, July 26, 2010

One year old!

I've been a bit delayed in getting this post up, but I think you'll forgive me once I tell you all about Natalie's first birthday party!

Also, can you believe we've gone from this:To this:Crazy, right? I mean, of course, totally expected and normal and lucky, but, still, wow, you know?

So we went to San Diego for Natalie's birthday - we had a four generation birthday celebration, which was really nice. My mom and I (but mostly my mom, let's be honest here!) organized a birthday party in a park near my old high school. We were lucky in that it turned out to be a beautiful day, perfect for flying kites, playing croquet, vegging on the blanket in the shade - all my favorite party activities! We were also lucky enough to be joined by some of our great San Diego friends and some visiting family, so it truly felt like a fest (but not a hyped, commercialized one - instead of gift bags, we gave colored frisbees, etc.).And, yes, there was cake:And Natalie enjoyed it very much, thank you!(major thanks go to my friend Alex - a super-experienced dad - who jumped right in and cleaned Natalie up - boy, did we luck out!)

For people who can't get enough cake, here are some videos:




(Separate posts coming covering the rest of San Diego and Natalie at 12 months [no sign giving her age in months, alas, but I think we all get the idea]).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMY. I hope Natalie teaches Brody how to feed himself so expertly! She got most of it in her mouth and none in her hair!! Well done! Happy Birthday again and again. xoxo Grancho

Anonymous said...

Natalie, you are a very special one year old! Your party looked like such fun! And I see you liked the cake a little. I love you bunches and am looking forward to seeing you in 4 days and giving you a BIG Birthday hug!!

Love,
Bubbe