Friday, February 12, 2010

Texas, baby!

While the East Coast was hammered by storms, Texas had its own little blizzard. We saw nothing like the 46 inches they've gotten, but we did break records with our own 11.5 inches! Snow started falling around 3am on Thursday morning and didn't stop until sometime early Friday morning.

This is totally not the vision of Texas I had when I moved here. Don't get me wrong (or get me started!) - many things are pretty much as I would expect. But this, this is different. And great! Mike's work was canceled both Thursday and Friday, so we're setting up for a very snuggly Valentine's Day weekend.

Here are some pictures (again, this is nothing like Alaska, Wyoming, Michigan, New York or, you know, Washington D.C., but, hey, I'm loving what I've got!):What to do? Well, we made our first fire in the fireplace:And we cuddled up with our little lovebug....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Snowpeople!! Welcome to the snow club! You had more snow than us. Your pictures were great! The little snowbunny gets more precious everyday. 6/2 weeks . . .but who is counting?

Love,
Bubbe