

Well, okay, actually that was Saturday. And while I can't say that much was keeping me from getting to this post before now, here it is Tuesday and I'm just sitting down to write. But, we did have a few technical difficulties in taking the above pictures....



After the excitement that was six months (plus the added excitement of the recent snowstorm), milestones have been a little harder to come by this month. First, on the topic of the snowstorm, here's Natalie with some snow:

Natalie is now a little rolling machine; we can barely remember how she used to hate tummy time so much. Now, we put her down on her back, and the first thing she does is flip to her stomach. Her major strength has come in pushing herself up from her stomach. Instead of resting on her forearms, she now sometimes extends her arms all the way and rests on her palms. No crawling yet, but some wiggling and scooting and schooching.

I've actually gone back to my old job, although now I'm working as a contractor, 100% from home with a part-time schedule. It's a good deal! Natalie used to rest on a blanket on the floor beside me while I worked (although mostly I work during her naps and in the evenings). But now she is getting so roll-y that we just bought a second pack n' play off craigslist to put up in the office. Baby jail, here we come!
We've been helping her drink from a cup - she always looks a little shocked when she actually manages to get water into her mouth. Natalie is also still eating (and sometimes resisting) the same things: applesauce, squash, cereal, carrots, green beans, and pears.




Her smile can still light up a room.
She hasn't quite mastered sitting, although her trunk muscles are getting stronger, and she now holds herself upright for a little longer before she topples over.
She loves stories, cuddles, and songs.

And we love her!
7 comments:
She's a katamari!
Natalie is getting to be such a big girl! You are right, Kate her smile does light up the room . .. I think it lights up all of Texas! Love watching her eat (she didn't seem to love the paper). She sure lights up my heart. I love her!
Bubbe
mmmm nothing like an I-9 to whet the appetite -E
She is such a big girl! I love watching her grow:). Love to you all from the Maddins.
~Lindsey
Dude, Eric, we recycle around here. Or maybe that is just how you are supposed to feel about the federal gubbamint down here in Tejas.
Even cuter every month! I do hope you consider putting frosting on the "today I am 8 months old" sign.
Gramps
Wow, she is looking more and more like...a person!
But don't worry, she is still adorable. :)
Jen Em
Post a Comment