Sunday, January 03, 2010

San Francisco

As promised, here's the post about San Francisco. Natalie, my mother, and I made a one-day up-and-back trip there after Christmas. Yes, it was crazy. Yes, it was worth it.We went to visit my aunt Polly, who's had a rough time of it lately. We thought The Natalie Cure was in order.Polly also received some lovely hand-knit socks. Since I am, like, the slowest knitter on the planet, Miso and I had planned to each knit one of these socks, thereby insuring that they'd be ready by the holidays. Miso had finished hers by early November. I had knit about 1/4 of mine, and had planned to finish it over Thanksgiving. One broken arm later, Miso was left to knit the second sock. And she did, in what seemed like record time to me! Guess we'll have to take up our team sock-knitting on another project.Our short visit didn't allow for us to do much beyond hanging out, eating, and taking a lovely walk. For our walk, we walked along the ocean with Jake, the superdog. It was a cold, blustery day. Poor Natalie managed to fill her diaper (and then some!) just as we arrived at the park; the poor girl had to have a total outfit change on the back deck of my aunt and uncle's Subaru. I think she was pretty cold, but we worked quickly and soon had her bundled up inside Emilia's jacket.After the walk, we all had cups of warm tea followed by Chinese food and some hanging out in front of the Christmas tree. Then it was back on the plane to San Diego!

2 comments:

miso said...

Awww...love Polly's blue hair. And Natalie is definitely a sweet cure. I'm glad the socks made it to their most worthy recipient :)

Anonymous said...

This is so touching. This must have meant the world to Polly and her family. I love the Natalie Cure. Gosh, that could be the name for a book. And the socks came out so beautiful! Miso is an angel . . . a talented angel too. I know you would do the same for her. G'nite and love.

Bubbe b.