Saturday, November 07, 2009

Bubbe Brenda's visit

Last week Mike's mom came for a short visit. She got some good Natalie cuddling in:And here's a video of them reading together:


Bubbe Brenda was here for both Halloween (see below) and Mike's birthday. For the birthday boy, I made carrot cake. This cake was a new recipe for us - and we liked it so much that this may become our regular recipe!(The design credit goes to my grad school friend Erin - of course Erin always candied the carrot peel, and I was much too lazy to figure out how to scale down all the candied carrot peel recipes I found in order to candy just enough to garnish this cake)

For Mike's birthday, I debated photographing him with a sign stating his age just like we do for Natalie each month, but I figured that was cuter the younger one is. Anyway, here's the birthday boy with Natalie:And here's our friend Lucia practicing her magic sleeping baby hold:Here are a few more of our recent favorite pictures:
The whole album is below (also here):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, tell me .. . how can one little girl be so precious? I had the best time with you and Natalie.
Gramps enjoyed reliving the visit with me. Love, Happy Bubbe

Aunt Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, I love these pictures. Natalie gets cuter every day! I'm counting down the days till Thanksgiving....

Anonymous said...

Ah, those pictures - (almost) as good as being there. See you soon Natalie!

Love, Gramps