Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New stats

Natalie had her two month check-up at the pediatrician yesterday. I love our pediatrician (well, I hate their waiting room - and yesterday was no exception - but I love our doctor, and love that they have evening/weekend/holiday hours). Natalie feels about the pediatrician the way she feels about baths. Hey, at least she's consistent!

The cutest part of the visit came when the nurse was asking us about Natalie's routines and developmental progress. The nurse asked, "Does she coo?" I was just about to say that Natalie makes lots of noises, but that I don't really know what cooing is exactly, and I'm not sure if my definition of cooing is the same as theirs, etc. And then Natalie let out a perfect little baby coo, as if in answer to the question! She's brilliant!

And she's definitely growing! I knew she was small at birth, but I hadn't realized quite how small. Her birth weight put her in the 10th percentile for weight. But yesterday she weighed in at 11 pounds, 3 ounces - putting her in the 75th percentile! Talk about progress! At 23 inches long, she's also in the 95th percentile for height.

Unfortunately, the visit ended with Natalie's first round of shots (5 in all - poor little thing!). This was no one's favorite part. But, well, we all seem to have survived. Natalie seemed extra fussy last night, but seems to be doing better today.

1 comment:

Jo Strausz Rosen said...

Brody sends his love to cousin Natalie! He hopes she will teach him how to coo when she visits in November. Such a smart girl, just like her mommy and daddy!!!!

xoxo Love Grancho