Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Moved in (sort of)

Sorry for the radio silence, but, as I'm sure you know, moving is a little stressful and time-consuming. I'm not sure what made us think we could pull off a mid-week, mid-semester move, but we have now been disabused of that notion for any future moves (of which I hope there aren't many).

I think the worst of it is over, though. Most boxes (except those in the office and those that go with our yet-to-be-bought living room bookcases) are unpacked, the kitchen is set-up, and we are settling in. I even baked some cookies in the new kitchen last weekend.

We still need to get the giant pile of boxes out of the living room. We've been doing the environmentally friendly thing and craigslisting them instead of just sending them off to be recycled. But that means that they hang around until the people who have made arrangements to pick them up actually show up. So, despite the progress we've made, boxes are still a larger feature of the living room than I'd like them to be.

No pictures yet, though. I'd like the big box pile to be gone and for us to have hung some of our pictures before I start taking photos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we had a zipline to FW so we could be there to help. It sounds like you guys have done alot. Sending love . . . Michigan Mom

Scoot said...

Welcome again to the new place!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! I love the hardwood floor. Can't wait to see the pictures y'all! Missy Selfon

Anonymous said...

Are you getting rid of the international bubble wrap as well? That stuff has travels far and wide with you...perhaps you should frame it as a momento.

--Jen Em

Anonymous said...

I like your boxes.. They will be a perfect chuchu train for baby Strausz. One of my favorite memories of Lindsey is that of her, peeking out of a little square window of a large box we saved and decorated with contact paper and markers - real old school entertainment from the 80's!!!

Enjoy your beautiful home.
xxoo Ancho