Saturday, January 03, 2009

Poinsettia Bowl

Last week, Kate and I visited her family in San Diego. While we were there, it happened that my university was playing in a bowl game against the Broncos of Boise State University, and my in-laws generously bought me and Eric, Kate's brother, tickets.

The game was fantastic. It was quite close, and the good guys won by 1 point. Because it was a bowl game, there were "thunder sticks" on the seats. I opted not to inflate mine (because my HANDS are thunder sticks), but here is Eric blowing his up:

The pregame show included the TCU band and, for some reason, a giant "Thomas the Tank Engine":

Eric and I both wore TCU gear to the game. I wore the TCU shirt that my dad bought me when I accepted the job, and Eric wore Kate's shirt that says "fear the frog." However, we both changed into the free tee shirts that we got at the game that say "Texas Christian University: The Collegiate Home of LaDainian Tomlinson":

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! You guys look great in purple! yay team!!

Michigan Mom