Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Items

Not so much new here: things just chug along. It's cooled down a bit - now the days are only in the 80s and 90s. I understand that it's been 55 and raining in Seattle.

I took my first run outside since I ran the half marathon in June. It was, um, different. I think running outside here will be an acquired skill. I suppose I am theoretically training for this race, but we'll see....

Anyway, two new additions to our house - we finally have some new dining chairs. Our other ones were the $19 ones that SYL and I built ourselves after buying the flat-packs from Ikea. They were incredibly uncomfortable and very wobbly. Our new chairs did not require us to build them, and they actually have a built-in, padded cushion. The wood darker than our table, but the cushion is the same color as our oak table - hopefully, this is sort of shabby chic.Second, I made a German apple pancake for breakfast on Sunday. I adjusted the recipe by using four eggs in place of the egg substitute. I think it was a little egg-y; next time I'd use three eggs. But this recipe is definitely a keeper for yummy brunches. (The picture below is from the magazine, mine didn't look quite so pretty)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new chairs and I also like the shabby chic look and think they will look great with your table. Now you can sit and eat!!

Miss you guys . . .
Brenda MOm

Scoot said...

Did you see? AccuWeather's applet is getting all poetic, forecasting a "star-studded" sky for you guys on Friday. During the day even. Meanwhile, yes, showers and 50s here. You know you miss it. :)

katem said...

well, the stars ARE big and bright down here.....
(or so i'm told)