We're off to the Olympic Peninsula so I can run my first half marathon.
I've been sick this week, so I missed my last long run, but I did do 8 miles last Saturday and 6 miles on Wednesday, so I suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be. The weather is expected to be cloudy and cool, but not rainy. I'd prefer a little sun, but I'll take no rain (hopefully!).
The good thing about running your first race is that any time will be a personal best! Also, given our upcoming move, I figure that this is one of the last times I'll be running a race outside for a while.
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! Go, Kate! Good luck. I'm in awe of your sportiness.
Go, Kate, go!!! You should be so proud, I know I am! Good for you for setting a goal and going for it. :) I'm looking forward to eating celebratory cupcakes with you very soon!
LUCK! You are my half-marathon-running hero.
--Jen Em
Congratulations on your training and participation!
You'll be happy to know that my training continues: I was able to read the whole link about the half-marathon without tiring too much! Next month, I will read a story about a whole marathon (!).
MD
Post a Comment