Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer shows itself

Finally! Just when I was starting to think that all the nice days were going to arrive after we'd left Seattle, we had a few gloriously sunny days.

First, we had a picnic in the park.The picnic also featured a crawling race.The ducklings are starting to swim in the lake!We took a jaunt to Deception Pass State Park. It was a perfect Pacific Northwest scene - tall green trees, deep blue water, rocky cliffs.I also did a little Seattle tourism - I finally went on a Duck Tour (note that it was not especially sunny that day).Here's SYL's old house - the little blue one down in front (not to be confused with the big blue one in back).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures make me sad. I miss you all, and I miss Seattle.

Rochester's nice too, of course, and our garden is coming along swimingly. But it doesn't have quite the awe-inspiring beauty I've grown used to.

katem said...

Hi gmack!

But perhaps Rochester is sunnier at this time of year? Yesterday was rainy and barely broke 50 degrees. I'm trying to enjoy the cloudy and cool, since my days of this are numbered. But I would like a little sun, every now and then. You know, since it's June and all....