With Mike gone, my big weekend accomplishment was finishing a baby gift for baby Zachary. You know, now that he's eight months old. But, voila, I present to you a
knitted turtle:

Although small, this was a big knitting project for me - I had to learn how to crochet to finish the darn [ha!] thing. Big props go to Jen Em who, with the patience befitting an elementary art teacher, taught me how to crochet.
I have several other projects forthcoming [in theory. certainly not with any alacrity]: a sweater-vest for my brother, some fancy socks for me [inspired by Dr. M's gift], and a baby present for baby Emma's new brother [who is expected to make an appearance in late May - can that family handle any more cute???].
We'll see about finishing all that before, oh, 2012.
In other weekend news, I went to the fancy Pacific Northwest
nursery to help Jen Em shop for plants. Here are a few pictures:




I really like the picture of the dog - although the background is a little busy. I'm considering making it my new internet avatar.
And then we went back to Jen Em's house and I got to kick it with the most wonderful [real] dog in the world.

As a parting gift, here are some shots of the cherry blossoms on campus. I took this last week when the shone briefly. Now it's back to being rainy and cold.

4 comments:
Wow, Sheldon looks awesome. You are one rockin' crafter and Zachary is one lucky turtle-toy-receiving baby!
Although it is weird that for some reason I'm reminded of that moment in Judy Blume where Fudge eats Peter's turtle?
I don't think I read that Judy Blume. I was too busy reading _Are You There God? It's me, Margaret_. Over and over again.
Oh my goodness!!! Squirtle/Sheldon is the cutest ever!!!!!!!!! I am not sure I will be able to give him up to Zachary, who may drool/puke on him with joy!!! I hope he is washable... Kate, you are the very best! :)
Sheldon is, in theory, washable. The yarn is all acrylic and the shell part is actually removable for your washing ease. I think it might be a bit of a struggle to actually remove it - something about a distracted seamstress sewing the neckhole a little smaller than it should have been. . . .
Post a Comment