It was actually really loud - I initially thought that Mike had fallen down in the other room. It turns out the loud noise was the oven door slamming shut. The force of the explosion burst the oven door open (enough to spatter some eggplant on the floor near the oven).
No, the eggplant wasn't edible. It had only cooked for about half the time. It was also all exploded. I have some close-ups of the eggplant, but they're actually pretty gross-looking so I didn't put them up here.
That picture is priceless! So the question remains: what was dinner that night? I am sure it was a good recipe. . . will you stry again and poke holes this time?
I had a similar experience with a microwaved winter squash last year -- I'd definitely poked holes in it, but apparently not enough or deep enough. A giant boom, the microwave door went flying open, and I still had squash in my hair when Meh came home a few minutes later.
This is the story of a young couple from Seattle. They started this blog when they moved to Japan for year in 2005. Since then, the blog has become a record of their lives, friends, cooking, and travels. Follow along at home as they discover a new foreign country: Texas, where they moved in 2008. In July of 2009, the couple added a native Texan, Natalie Beth, to their family. In January of 2013, another native Texan, Jacob Samuel, joined the team.
5 comments:
Ha ha ha!
Inquiring minds want to know:
Was it a loud explosion? Was it still edible afterwards? Was this a microwave or traditional episode?
MD
It was actually really loud - I initially thought that Mike had fallen down in the other room. It turns out the loud noise was the oven door slamming shut. The force of the explosion burst the oven door open (enough to spatter some eggplant on the floor near the oven).
No, the eggplant wasn't edible. It had only cooked for about half the time. It was also all exploded. I have some close-ups of the eggplant, but they're actually pretty gross-looking so I didn't put them up here.
That picture is priceless! So the question remains: what was dinner that night? I am sure it was a good recipe. . . will you stry again and poke holes this time?
love you guys,
Brenda Mom
I had a similar experience with a microwaved winter squash last year -- I'd definitely poked holes in it, but apparently not enough or deep enough. A giant boom, the microwave door went flying open, and I still had squash in my hair when Meh came home a few minutes later.
Post a Comment