Sunday, September 23, 2007

Japan Reunion, part II

This afternoon we went to a little party where we got to see our friends Daniella and Diedrich. Daniella and Diedrich are actually from Seattle, so they were back for a little visit and to take care of some business. The party was in their neighbor's yard and was held to celebrate the new landscaping/design of the yard (which was totally beautiful and very magazine-worthy!).

It was great to hear how our friends were doing, what they're doing next, and just generally to catch up. The more we settle back into our lives here (if things are really ever settled, that is), the more I realize what a special time Japan was and what special people we met there.

Like I said above, the party was lovely, the yard was beautiful, and the food was sooo delicious (at one point they even made s'mores! I gotta get me a yard!).

Here's a picture of the four of us:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could've been there!!

katem said...

You should come visit!

Anonymous said...

I believe that the native Americans often finished their Thanksgiving feasts with s'mores...

MD

Anonymous said...

I love that you connected with this cute couple. Any more pix of the yard? Love, MM

katem said...

I wish I had taken more pictures of the yard (it had a lot of raised beds for gardening), but I was a bit intimidated since I didn't really know the host/yard owner and since said host is actually a professional photographer himself.