Today I successfully defended my doctoral dissertation, which means I am only a few bureaucratic steps away from being an official PhD. In keeping with tradition, my professors greeted me as "Dr. mhs" after my defense, which was very strange and exciting. The defense was a challenge -- the professors asked really hard questions, but I passed.
Tonight Kate and I celebrated with sushi at our favorite sushi place,
Shiro's, in Belltown (that is the same place we went the night we got engaged). Now I am very tired and relieved. If you live in the Seattle area, please try to make it to our party on Thursday!
Here is a picture of us at dinner:
5 comments:
I am excited to be the first to congratulate you on your scholarship and hard work that made this possible.
What a wonderful couple of smiles!
MD
YAAAAAAYYYYYY!
Congratulations, Mike!
(And for Kate too, who surely deserves something for putting up with the whole process.)
--Jen Em
Meh-meh meh-meh-meh meh-meh-meh! (That was me singing Stars and Stripes Forever in meh) Congratulations, I am sooooo excited and happy for you! You worked so hard and absolutely deserve your success. See you Thursday! Hooray!
Congratulations!!!
Michael, Michael, Michael--you the man! I am so proud of your scholarship and tenacity and stick-to-it-tiveness and you choosing a lovely girl like Kate! You will make some lucky school very proud!
Michigan Mom
alias "dancin' queen"
Post a Comment