I’d only been snowshoeing once before in my life, so I was excited that this activity included a guided tour with a ranger. Anybody can do this trip – it wasn’t any sort of special event or anything, but I gather the reservations are hard to get. The event was free, although there was a $10 donation requested per person, and they provided the snowshoes.
We started from the Steven's Pass Ski Area - my first time there. We spent about 1.5 hours hining through lightly falling snow. Our destination was Grace Lakes, a series of small lakes. The lakes didn't look like much, just flat, snowy fields.
(The picture above is a bit blurry because I took it through a ziplock bag [trying to keep my camera sheltered from the falling snow]. I actually kind of like the effect since I think it makes the forest look a little mysterious.)
(It's definitely worth enlarging the picture above so you can read the signs. We turned around at this point.)
No comments:
Post a Comment