Saturday, January 13, 2007

San Diego

Last weekend we took a quick trip down to San Diego to visit my family. This was quite a whirlwind trip, but we did manage to squeeze in two beach walks and a calm afternoon at a very nice cafĂ© (with free wifi, no less). Here are the obligatory beach pics:Friday night we cooked a nice dinner for my grandparents, including Mike’s famous bruschetta.Saturday day, I spent a little time photographing some of my grandmother's prize-winning plants.Saturday night, we headed to Carlsbad to visit with good family friends - and eat the best pizza and lemon bars [those were home-made, but I do have the recipe] on earth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I especially liked the one with grandma, mom and daughter. I saw lots more good San Diego ones on the flickr site. Your photos did a great job of capturing the beauty of some of the succulents.

MD

P.S., what was the strange thing that shared the plate with the bruschetta?

MHS said...

Thanks! Re: the bread, there is a design on the plate.

Anonymous said...

I love Bruschetta. but the roof of my mouth bleeds from the crusty bread. Do you soak your break in olive oil first?

MHS said...

No, I don't soak the bread, but I do spread olive oil on it, and if it is frozen I rub garlic in as well.