For example, for New Year’s I made the champagne cupcake recipe. I made it as a cake, though (using the champagne cupcakes recipe, but putting it in two round pans), which shouldn't really change anything. But, it tasted, in all honesty, like white bread. Which is to say: nothing. Not that it was bad, but it was a bit heavy and lacking in taste (other than "sweet"). The icing, on the other hand, was awesome: what’s not to like about home-made buttercream with 6 tablespoons of champagne mixed in?
The next day, I decided to just focus on the decorating. I made the snickerdoodle cake from the Cake Mix Doctor and then decorated it. Originally, I wanted a teddy bear design, then I thought of a lion, or an alien. But I ended up stealing an idea from a parenting magazine for a critter like this.
This cake was for Scott’s birthday. Can you tell which one is Scott?
1 comment:
We always thought Scott was a sweet guy...
Post a Comment