So, a special combo for you: last weekend, plus the first part of this weekend (all rolled into one! With chocolate sauce!).
I kicked off last weekend with a visit over to see the best dog ever. We even got to take the dog swimming, which was great. I didn't take any pictures of the swimming, but here's one from a bit later in the evening.
Saturday during the day, I did a little volunteering project at Treehouse. Treehouse is an organization here in town that provides a “wearhouse” for children in the foster care system. Four times per year, kids can come and “shop” for both new and used items of clothing, school supplies, Halloween costumes, toys, holiday presents, backpacks, summer camp items, shoes, etc. Best, it is all free for those kids and their families. How wonderful is that? If you’d like to make a donation, you can do that here.Anyway, Saturday night was a busy night. First I had a delicious dinner with SYL and Kris. And then Kris and I divided up the cocoa we bought a few weeks ago (surprisinginly, raspberry was not the most popular flavor).
After that, I went to a goodbye parting for my friend Yuko. This was a dessert-themed party as well (parting is such sweet sorrow, no?). Here are some pics from the party, starting with the happy couple themselves.
Sunday, I went to knitting. Amy’s shawl is done (see above). My baby sweater is, well, not knitting itself. Maybe I’ll put a picture up here when I actually have something to show. Or when the baby turns five.Monday night I had a break-the-fast dinner at Scott and Meredith’s. So yummy! Dinner featured Scott’s famous challah plus a delicious chocolate cake created by Meredith.


This weekend has been a little less crazed. Today I went to a pumpkin patch/corn maze. It was a great day to do this, and, I must confess, this was my first time in a corn maze. This year, the farm had cut the maze in the shape of an airplane (or so they said – it’s awfully hard to tell if this true when you’re in the maze).


Finally, we found our way out and proceeded to the pumpkin portion of the day.

And then we narrowly escaped an attack by the Great Pumpkin, lumbering across the fields to get us.
4 comments:
I always ending up smiling - and hungry - when I read your posts.
The Great Pumpkin is truly a scary creature...
Thanks for keeping your fan club up to date!
MD
wow, that is the most awesome corn maze design i have ever seen. you know, i still want to go to the boeing factory... yet everyone i suggest this to thinks it's nerdy (including ms. kate marshall, as i recall).
I'm not saying the Boeing factory is dorky (although I may well have said that in the past). But I'm not saying it's cool, either. Attend at your own peril.
The Great Pumpkin is missing Charlie Brown!!! Looking forward to seeing you on Thanksgiving.
Missy
Post a Comment