Monday, August 28, 2006
Selling a car in Japan
So, I just sold The Beast. I went to one used car dealership, got an offer of around $300 (which isn't THAT much less than I had bought it for). The guy who looked at the car didn't seem to look very carefully, and he could well have been drunk. But just to be safe, I went to another place. At place number two, they were much more thorough, examining my car carefully and what I assumed to be the Japanese version of the blue book. And they made a counteroffer of $0. I took the first offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Does this mean you have no way to get to the proposed sushi night?
Nice financial dealings for a poli sci guy!
E. Conn O'Misst
No, I'll bike there. It is only about 15 min from my apt.
This displays impressive bargaining skills, young MHS. Are you sure you're in the right profession?
Professor Farley, speaking of bargaining skills, do you have any thoughts on the skills of the front office of the mighty Detroit Tigers?
Al Kaline
I think the Tiger management has done some good work, although I remain unconvinced regarding the Sean Casey acquisition.
Post a Comment