Tuesday, June 27, 2006

An Ode to Choco Cro

I've ridden the Tsukuba Express for the last time. I've also had my last choco cro.

In honor of the latter event, I'll share with you a poem jointly written by me, MHS, Miso, and Peso. Although we wrote this together in March, I just found it again now as I was clearing off my desk.

First, some pics to set the mood . . . .
An Ode to Choco Cro

O Choco Cro, how sweet and melty is your chocolate center,
You are best fresh, still warm from the oven
Yet, even cooled, you are a tasty treat.

O Choco Cro, how buttery and flaky is your pastry exterior,
Clad in a cone-shaped orange wrapper
A treat beyond the electronic dictionaries of Akihabara.

O Choco Cro, 20 minutes not lost, but gained.

4 comments:

Shaney said...

Maybe we can send you some by airmail so you don't have to be deprived of the most scrumptious of chocolate-y croissant-y treats when you are back home.

katem said...

That would be AWE-some!!!!

Anonymous said...

best new import idea.... chococro

Anonymous said...

Hey, chocojo, a thought for you.

Let's say you were putting on a wedding. Wouldn't chococro be a good item for a dessert bar? Actually, wouldn't chococro be a good choice for an entree?

Julia Child