Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The guests, part 2

My brother and his friend spent their first day in Tokyo at Asakusa and Ueno. Yesterday, I took them to Yoyogi Park, Harajuku, and Shibuya. Today, they’re spending their last day in Tokyo doing a bit of everything – the Edo Museum, the Imperial Palace, Ginza, and kabuki theater.

Here are some pictures from yesterday. This was actually the first time I’d ever been in this part of Yoyogi Park – you have to pay to enter the iris garden, and it never seemed worth it when the irises weren’t in bloom. But I’m glad that I finally got to do this! The garden was beautiful.It also had a few classic signs:Then we walked around Harajuku, where I saw this toy. Not sure that I would buy it for any budding geniuses I know, though. (Pay careful attention to the lower left corner of the label).Last, I leave you with the unspeakable humiliation of being a lapdog in Japan. As if being a lapdog wasn’t enough.

No comments: