Friday, March 31, 2006

Two Non-Cherry Blossom Related Signs of Spring

1. I saw a group of men aged between 45 and 65 playing a serious game of hardball. They all had full uniforms on, and one of the teams was called "The Masters." I don't think The Masters won, however.

2. The boy who lives nextdoor has begun searching for insects again. I saw him outside examining the bushes with a pair of binoculars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did there appear to be one or more official umpires at the game?

Did you notice if there was any random drugs testing?

B. Bonds
San Francisco

MHS said...

There were two umpires (the home plate one had a face mask and chest protector), but as far as I could tell they were not equipped with the necessary lab equipment to test for drugs.

Anonymous said...

The boy with the binoculars was faking. He wasn't looking for insects in the bushes, he was looking in windows! Who looks in bushes for bugs with binoculars?
Sounds suspicious. Close your drapes!

MHS said...

He is 5, and he is very, very into bugs.