Saturday, March 18, 2006

Reason #51 That it is a Good Idea to Get Involved with the Michigan Interscholastic Policy Debate Community

A friend from high school debate who now works for an entertainment promoter gave Kate and I extra tickets to The Who's Tommy this week, and they even ended up being in the front row. It was the broadway cast, and they sang in English, with giant screens displaying rough Japanese translations (I glanced at them a few times, and they seemed to be trying to keep the rhythms of the music rather than literally translate). We both really enjoyed the show.

Also, I discovered that the NCAA is broadcasting video feeds of the basketball tournament for free online. The online broadcast will only cover the first three rounds (ie it will exclude the elite eight, final four, and title game), and I found myself thinking "if the Spartan men make it to the Elite Eight, how will I watch them?" Luckily, my Spartans took that worry off of my mind with Friday's game.

The women are still in it though, so hopefully things will fare better for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and let it be noted that the Spartans were defeated by George Mason, a perennial non-powerhouse from the commonwealth of Virginia! Gotta get excited for the locals.