Monday, January 30, 2006

My first meme!

Passed to me by rv.

Seven Things to Do Before I Die:
1. Get a Ph.D.
2. Learn to make Pad Thai
3. Learn another language
4. Watch the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions succeed again
5. Watch a documentary made by my sister
6. Juggle clubs
7. Star in an interpretive dance show

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Understand Jurgen Habermas' prose
2. Speak Japanese without an accent
3. Win consistently at poker
4. Enjoy shopping
5. Dance
6. A reverse windmill dunk
7. Remeber the French I learned in middle school

Seven Things I Say Most Often:
1. I didn't see you there
2. hai
3. domo
4. sumimasen
5. Felicity's on!
6. I'll make pasta
7. The Pistons won again

Seven Books I Love:
1. War and Peace
2. Anna Karenina
3. Franny and Zooey
4. Patrimony
5. The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism
6. The Rules of Play
7. Gender and Human Rights Politics in Japan

Seven Movies I Watch Over and Over:
1. The Big Lebowski
2. Annie Hall
3. Hudsucker Proxy
4. Hiding and Seeking
5. Old School
6. Manhattan
7. Star Wars 4-6

Seven Songs I Play Over and Over:
1. Good Vibrations
2. The Boxer
3. Moonshadow
4. I am the Walrus
5. Gigantic
6. She's an Angel
7. One Hundred Names

Seven Things that Attract Me to Blogging:
1. Getting to keep in touch with my friends and family
2. when unexpected people stumble onto our blog
3. I like it when Rob Farley makes fun of us

Seven to Join Me:
1. Matt Rochkind
2. Zo
3. Jomamasan
4. Brenn
5. Eric
6. K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

It was fun to read your musings too. It is great to learn more about you even though I've known you since you came dancing out of the womb and wanted to go shopping right away and promised you would make lots of wonderful pasta in your lifetime and speak at least 2 languages fluently and probably a third one too and love zany movies and would marry a lovely
blue-eyed girl in a Hollywood Schoolhouse and be a Japanese Scholar with a Fulbright Scholarship and wold introduce your little sister at her opening night for her award winning documentary called,"Chicken Lady and Other Choir Oddities" and you would have an adoring group of friends and family who think you are the best!!

Love,

Mamasan

Anonymous said...

I am Rob Farley's agent. We are going to have to start charging you for the privilege of receiving his ridicule. It might be the best thing in this blog.

Eric said...

yeah i made the list!

Anonymous said...

i am honored by this my children. i reside currently in Jerusalem in the land of right to left and thought of you both today, visited the most fantastic japanese art exhibit at the Israel museum - so unique, contemporary, creative and thought provoking... the best part was that i was with our Jerusalem family.
looking forward to your stories from the far east.

Muzachary said...

7 kinds of pants I don't usually wear

1) goucho
2) capree
3) jeans
4) overalls
5) black
6) chiken lady's
7) courderoys