Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hong Kong update

We’ve been busy – and walking a lot, which means that I am almost too tired to write this right now, but I just wanted to share a few pictures.


This tree grows all over the city and has the most amazing purple blossoms.

More shots from the Botanical garden (the second picture is worth opening to see the inscription):

The views from Victoria Peak, high above Hong Kong Island. You can definitely see that Hong Kong has a great harbor.

High Tea, with Victoria Harbor in the background.

Raising the flag, complete with a pipe band.

Macau's Senate Square. Macau is only an hour away by ferry (and I only nearly backed out of riding the boat seven/seventeen/seventy-seven times before we got on. Kate hates the boats - but it did turn out to be a very smooth ride). Like Hong Kong, Macau is a Special Administrative Region of China. Unlike Hong Kong, it used to be a Portuguese colony. Thus, note the buildings . . .

(This is the remaining part of a church that burned down in a fire [I think]. The stone edifice made it, but the wooden building did not. So there's just this church standing there, with nothing behind it. Like a Hollywood set or something, but it's real . . .)

Tomorrow we go to a meet a princess! For real - details to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wong U Men - sounds like the punchline to a lame joke. Have fun you two.. you look wonderful!