Friday, January 13, 2006

Dissertation

Aside from pounding mochi and making latkas, there is actually a reason that I am in Japan: I am supposed to research my dissertation, and maybe even write a few chapters.

Today I took my first step in that direction, as I finished my first draft of a dissertation chapter. It is my theory chapter (which will be chapter 2). This weekend I will send it to some of my professors and colleagues, for comments. So, that's good (although I have a feeling it still needs a lot of work).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mista Tovu" in the words of Jenny's friend, formerly known as Ju (!)

Anonymous said...

You must feel good about that!! I am glad that your computer was up to the task! Keep up the good work. Love, MM

Mon said...

Congrats on getting that first chapter out--best wishes as you continue your work.

MHS said...

Welcome, Mon, and thanks for your encouragement. The other two comments are from my parents, so it is nice to see that we have some readers outside of our immediate families.