Wednesday, November 30, 2005

potty talk

Since we all can use a little humor (toilet-related or not) now and then, I thought I'd post my collection thus far of toilet-related signs:

First, this one is actually in our house. I know the characters are blurry - but that doesn't matter. It's all about the illustration (what do you do with the toilet seat when you stand up?).
Second, this one, from a public bathroom in a bus station in Tokyo (this is such a sophisticated toilet for a bus station - it even offers a sound system!)
Third, this one from the castle in Kyoto (It doesn't get much better than this. Really)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are in a stall in a public restroom, and you take a picture. The flash goes off and is visible to other people in the bathroom.

Try saying in your best Japanese, "Wow I have never eaten such powerful sushi before..."

:-)

MD

Anonymous said...

Please send more photographs of Japan. I love their Hello Kitty sensibility... Anything colorful with that great text...
Even the bathrooms are elevated to art museum status!

Robert Farley said...

Michael,

I thought of you when I read this:

Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

MHS said...

Rob,

I think that this story vindicates my fear of squirrel attacks.