Dr.P is in the house – actually since this post is a few days old (as are all the ones that follow), Dr.P has been in the house for quite some time.
Dr.P bought a lot of ceramics from this store that had all these beautifully patterned dishes (and the prices weren’t bad, either!). Then we set off to find this antique kimono store I’d heard about. The store wasn’t easy to find, but we did eventually find it. The kimono in there were beautiful, but pricey, ranging from $40-$600. I thought I’d have to be content with looking, when my eyes fell upon (just like love at first sight!) a corner of dark blue kimono with colored flower embroidery. Real silk. $8. I couldn’t believe it, and I was almost afraid to approach the counter, believing that this must mean $80 or even $800. But $8 it was (note: if you are coming to visit, I really believe that my price is atypical, but I think that you could get a very good used kimono for about $50 or $60). Mine isn’t perfect – the inner silk lining is a little dirty and worn in places, but since I intend to hang the kimono as decoration, it is perfect! At another store not far from there, my mom found a beautiful used kimono, too. Hers is pink, mine is blue (and these photos really don't do either of them justice):
We followed this consumer feat up with a culinary feast at this little eatery Mike knew about. Dinner was delicious, and my mom sampled some sake.



And a Nagu shot, because how can one resist?
Today, we hung around Tsukuba and enjoyed a picnic lunch in the park near our house.



No comments:
Post a Comment