Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My first Japanese Class.

Was Tuesday. We covered our names, our home countries, and our occupations. Our teachers are very nice in that extremely animated way that introductory language teachers are. Although this is not the class that had advertised its opening ceremonies, there were some minimal opening ceremonies (“welcome to the 27th annual Japanese conversation class!” – much like “welcome to the games of the 27th Olympiad!”).

There are twelve students in the class – strangely, three of them are from the Czech Republic, and a fourth is from Slovakia. I am the only American. There’s also a pretty nice woman from Nigeria, named Rosemary. Of course, in Japanese, her name is written as Uzumari.

We took a break in the middle of the class for tea, of course.

Also, I biked home from the class in the pouring rain. I was quite soaked when I got home.

No comments: