
After strolling the grounds, we ate a delicious Indian lunch in Ginza. After lunch, we window-shopped along the Ginza streets with all the expensive stores. Then, that evening, there was a Fulbright reception. The reception was nice (my mom attended, too).Today was a slow day. I took my mom for a late lunch at this cute German/Swiss cafe near the park near our house. After lunch, we looked unsuccessfully for this yarn store I'd been told about. I'm ready to move on from scarves to hats, so I'm looking for some new yarn - and for some babies (that belong to others, thank you very much) to wear the hats I'll make.
Tomorrow we are headed to the Halloween party at the international school. I'll be sharing some candy corn that my mother imported from the U.S. Candy corn bares little similarity to actual corn, but it is good.
Tuesday we'll just be in Tsukuba again, as I have language class both in the morning and in the evening.
Wednesday I'll take my mom to Kamakura to see the big Buddha ("to pray to Buddha at Kamakura" - a line I have heard more than once) . We'll leave early in the morning so that we can be back in the late afternoon - in time for a nice birthday dinner for the birthday boy!
Mom leaves on Thursday.
1 comment:
We needed a down day to recover from all the fun we've been having!
Post a Comment