Which is today, by the way. And it is a national holiday. For the unaware few (how could you possibly not know?), Physical Education Day honors the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
So, in honor of physical education day, I am announcing the winners of our contest from the other day. The task was to identify this.
It is our trash calendar, as Marianne correctly suggested. Here trash is a very serious deal. You have to follow the schedule. And you have to put your bags out by 8am on the day specificed, and only on the day specified - but NOT the night before (no sleeping in!).
Liz also gave a great answer, suggesting that this was the terror alert calendar. Possibly - I'm willing to allow that may also be the case.
So, both Liz and Marianne win (ta-da!) a fantastic meal!
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh how exciting! I'd like to thank the government aka regime, the tag along media, and most important the minute men!
=o) Liz
p.s. this is the best gift because as a kid my mom would cut bologna in the shape of a smilie face so i would eat it-hahahah something like the cat face!
Hey Kate --
Can you confirm or deny the rumor I've heard that in the Japanese school system, highly centralized as it is, there's one week out of every year when every kid in every eighth-grade gym class in the entire country is learning to ride a unicycle? It's a beautiful image.
Brian
Post a Comment