On Thursday, we finally moved into our house in Tsukuba. The house is huge, and we have more than enough room for guests, so start planning your Japan trips now. Regarding our location, we are a little bit out in the country. But once we get a car (a prof affiliated with my special project will help us select one on Monday), I think we can leave our apartment and end up in Akihabara, the electronics bazaar neighborhood of Tokyo, in a little over an hour.
The people in my department have been EXTREMELY nice and helpful. I don't think that even visiting professors to the US get the kind of treatment that I have been getting. I also just bought a book called "基本の和食レシピ" (Basic Japanese Recipies), and I am looking forward to doing some cooking.
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment